From a small production unit to a business plan
A major figure in the field of fresh pasta production: a good way of describing the company Pastificio della Mamma and its products marketed under the name of Pasta della Mamma.
Created in 1980 by an Italian passionate about gastronomic tradition, Pastificio della Mamma began in a small pasta production unit supplying restaurants in the Liège region.
Pastificio expanded considerably during the nineties, notably with its move to the Hauts-Sarts industrial estate and the arrival of new shareholders in 1997. This new organisation of the business supported Pastificio’s expansion and gave a solid basis for the business plan.
A state-of-the-art production site
Because of its great flexibility, the production site is able to cope with very specific demands.
Its contemporary character is reflected in different areas:
- Quality, safety, hygiene: Compliance with the strictest European requirements, traceability, HACCP working methods and BRC certification.
- The only company in Belgium to offer such a large variety of authentic and traditional pasta and pasta products.
- An ideal situation, in the premier logistics region of Europe (according to the study published in December 2009 by the consultant Cushman & Wakefield).
- Ongoing investment: a new storage warehouse and new refrigeration plant in 2008, a fourth production line, new office facilities in 2010 e...
- Opening up to new markets: having begun as a restaurant supplier, Pastificio's customers now include wholesalers, agri-food industries, volume retailing, public organisations, catering services and businesses in the hospitality sector.
- International dimension: its customers are Belgian, Dutch, French, English, Irish, Luxembourgian, etc.
Pastificio della Mamma S.A*. in brief
- Products: fresh, precooked or frozen pastas, stuffed pastas, lasagnes, cannelloni, roulades and sauces.
- Founded: 1980.
- Location: Liège (Belgium).
- Staff: 37*
- Sales figures: EUR 6 million **
- Percentage exported: 40 %**
- Production: 2,000 tonnes of pasta**
- Spending on investment: EUR 3.5 million for the period 2008-2011
- Principal markets: Wholesalers, agri-food industries, volume retailing, public organisations, catering services and business in the hospitality sector.
- Certifications: BRC, HACCP.
*Pastificio della Mamma is the name of the company. Pasta della Mamma is the trademark.